Dad Saves Choking Son
Occurred on September 9, 2022 / San Bernardino, California, USA
Info from Licensor: "The kid choking is my 11-year-old son, named Jacob. The lady next to him is his aunt Ymelda, visiting from Vegas. The other boy is my other son, 14-year-old Xavier. I made a late lunch and asked them to eat in the living room because the table in the kitchen was full and there was no space to sit. I was cutting some fruit in the kitchen and sat down for a brief second to scarf down some food. While sitting, I heard the aunt yell 'Are you OK?' I then hear the dog start to bark. I heard the tone in Ymelda's voice change and got up to see what was going on. When I came around the corner, I saw the look on my son's face and knew he was choking. I ran to him and turned him around to perform that Heimlich. It just all happened so fast. He ended up choking on a piece of meat, that was about 1 inch wide and 2 inches long, it was a thin piece of meat. But, it had a tendon that he tried chewing, but could not break apart. He tried swallowing the piece whole. It got stuck in his throat. My son Jacob later tells me that he could not breathe in or out. The aunt and brother did not know or realize how bad it was until we watched the video later. Jacob cried for a while but I later talked with him letting him know that this is a lesson to be learned. Jacob was very emotional that night, but suffered no injuries or pains after the incident."