• EN

Hotplate Fails in a Flash

Occurred on August 17, 2019 / Nashville, Tennessee, USA

Info from Licensor: "IMy wife had just put a pot of water on the stove to boil on a lazy Saturday afternoon. There was a hot spot on the burner element where the insulation was beginning to fail - which failed spectacularly when it reached a high temperature. She screamed, alerting me to the situation, and I ran towards it to remove the pot, which was causing the shorted element to continue to burn. When I removed the pot, the electrical short stopped but the molten pieces of stove element scattered across the floor, causing many burns. I have replacement boards left over in the garage, and I had to order all new stove elements and bowls to prevent this from happening again."

Location Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Occurred Aug-17-2019
Posted By Robert S Lynn
Posted On Aug-20-2019